The Art and Science of Mindfulness & Meditation workshop – The Blissful Brain
at Newland House, Edgbaston, Birmingham
On Sunday 26th February 2017, 9 30am to 4 00 pm
Cost £20 including vegetarian buffet lunch and all refreshments
*SORRY the workshop is now FULLY BOOKED.
This workshop will be an exploration of the Science and Practice of Mindfulness and Meditation.
At this workshop we shall:
- Explore a few various types of mindfulness and meditation practices practised throughout the different cultures of the world
- Look at the differences in types of meditation related to levels of awareness
- Look at how the brain seems to be pre-wired to enable and benefit from the practice of meditation as discovered from recent studies in neuroscience
- Look at the effect meditation has had on long term mantra based meditators
- Look at the effect meditation has on health in general
- Explore the spiritual/psychological reasons to practice meditation
- We will also practise a few different types of mindfulness and meditation practices throughout the day
The practices will include:
- a mindful awareness exercise
- a spoken guided meditation
- and a simple Indian breath/sound (mantra) based technique
This workshop is being delivered and led by David Nock who:
- has been studying practical philosophy for 33 years
- practicing mantra based meditation for 38 years
- studied various other types of meditation practices
- and has a keen interest in the positive effect meditation has on humanity
David has run this workshop quite a few times now and it is always a peaceful, stilling and enjoyable experience.
School of Philosophy Midlands, Newland House, 137-139 Hagley Road, Birmingham B16 8UA
9.00am For refreshments, tea, coffee and biscuits
9:30am-4.00pm Workshop start and finish times
Sunday February 26, 2014.
The cost is £20 for the day and will include refreshments and a full beautiful vegetarian buffet lunch.
If you have any questions in advance please feel free to call 0121 454 2540.