The Art and Science of Mindfulness & Meditation – The Blissful Brain
at Newland House, Edgbaston, Birmingham
On Sunday 8th July 2018, 9 30am to 4 00 pm
Cost £22 including vegetarian buffet lunch and all refreshments
This workshop will be an exploration of the Science and Practice of Mindfulness and Meditation.
At this workshop we shall:
- Explore various types of mindfulness and meditation practices practised throughout the different cultures of the world
- Look at the differences in types of meditation related to levels of awareness
- Look at how the brain seems to be pre-wired to enable and benefit from the practice of meditation as discovered from recent studies in neuroscience
- Consider meditation in the context of the right and the left-hand sides of the brain
- Look at the effect meditation has had on long term mantra based meditators
- Consider the effect meditation has on health in general
- Explore the spiritual/psychological reasons to practice meditation
- We will also practise a few different types of mindfulness and meditation practices throughout the day
The practices will include:
- mindful awareness exercises
- spoken guided meditations
This workshop is being delivered and led by David Nock who:
- has been studying practical philosophy for 35 years
- practicing mantra based meditation for 40 years
- studied various other types of meditation practices
- has a keen interest in the positive effect meditation has on humanity
David has run this workshop quite a few times now and it is always a peaceful, stilling and enjoyable experience.
School of Philosophy Midlands, Newland House, 137-139 Hagley Road, Birmingham B16 8UA
9.00am For refreshments, tea, coffee and biscuits
9:30am-4.00pm Workshop start and finish times
Sunday July 8th, 2018.
The cost is £22 for the day and will include refreshments and a full beautiful vegetarian buffet lunch.
If you have any questions in advance please feel free to call 0121 454 2540.
School of Philosophy Midlands
Classes & Meetings:
Quaker Meeting House, St James Rd,
Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 1JP
PO Box 7599
0121 330 1878